Certificates of Deposit
A variety of CD terms means more savings options for you.
Whether it’s next year’s trip, a future home or a place for your nest egg to grow, find the term to help you with your savings goals. CDs can pay higher interest rates than other deposit accounts. Choose from terms as low as 3 months up to 10 years.
- Lock in a higher rate of fixed interest
- Short term CDs pay simple interest (three months up to 1 year)
- Long term CDs pay compounded interest
- Interest can be deposited directly into a checking or savings account
- Automatic renewals
- With tiered interest rates, the more you save the more you can earn
- $2,000 to open
- FDIC insured up to the maximum amount per depositor category
Other ways to open account: Contact one of our Relationship Bankers at 412.409.2265 or visit one of our branches near you.
CDARS® – Access Multi-Million-Dollar FDIC Insurance
CDARS® is the Certificate of Deposit Account Registry Service®. It’s the most convenient way to enjoy access to multi-million-dollar FDIC insurance on your CD deposit. CDARS is the perfect solution for many depositors – from non-profits and public funds to businesses and advisors (including trustees, CPA’s, financial planners, and attorneys). Almost anyone who wants to combine the convenience of working directly with one financial institution with the security of FDIC insurance can benefit from CDARS.
- One Bank: You work directly with Brentwood Bank – a local institution you know and trust – to protect large deposits.
- One Rate: You earn one interest rate per maturity on CD investments placed through CDARS. With CDARS, there is no need to negotiate multiple rates.
- One Statement: You receive one monthly statement detailing your CD investments.
Everything is handled through Brentwood Bank. Your large deposit is broken into smaller amounts and placed with other banks that are members of the CDARS Network. Then, those banks issue CDs in amounts under the standard FDIC insurance maximum, so that your investment is eligible for FDIC protection. By working directly with just one bank – Brentwood Bank – you can receive insurance through many.1
And, because funds are exchanged with other CDARS Network members institutions on a dollar-for-dollar basis, the amount of your original deposit comes back to Brentwood Bank, and can be utilized to support lending initiatives in our local communities.2
For more information please feel free to contact one of our CDARS experts:
- Joe Verduci 412.409.9100 x307
- Clayton Kinlan 412.409.9100 x155
Visit www.cdars.com for additional information.